The Information we collect:
Information you choose to provide
For some certain activities, such as when you register, upload content to the Platform, or contact us directly, you may provide some or all of the following information:
- Profile information, such as name, social media account information, and profile image.
- where required for the purpose of payment, Payment information, such as Apple and Google In-App-Purchase or other third-party payment information.
- Information in correspondence you send to us.
- Information you share through surveys or your participation in challenges, sweepstakes.
Information we obtain from other sources
We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you choose to link or sign up using your social network (such as Facebook, Twitter), we may collect information from these third-party services, including your contact lists for these services and information relating to your use of the Platform in relation to these services. We will also receive information about you (including age data and demographic information) from third parties (such as advertising networks and analytics providers) and from other sources, including business directories and other commercially or publicly available sources.
Data about your device
When you use the services, we may automatically collect some device-related information accordingly, to be specific:
- Device data, including the operating system and its version, hardware and software versions, ISP and browser type, processing capabilities, manufacturer and model, language and other regional settings, unique device IDs and similar unique identifiers, screen resolution, other device attributes or similar settings;
- Data collected by your device, including geographic location, network environment information, device preference settings, and other data you allow us to collect by enabling permissions in your device's setting.
User behavior data
When you use the services, we may automatically collect some information about your behavior, to be specific:
- Operation record, namely the record of your use of the services, including the time spent on the app, Game information, including game name, zone name, server name, role name, role level, virtual currency and other items in the game, friend list, group list
- Payment information, including order number and purchased product, purchase history, amount, currency, payment status, delivery information
- Communication information, including your comments in the game, your current status, the content you post on the forum and other your communications and interactions with others
- Preference choice information, namely your preference settings, including preferred language, font, color, the game you play, the browsed advertisement;
- Other related information, including the monitoring data of availability and quality of the services, loading errors and bugs.
How We Use Your Personal Data:
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect. We will share your information with the following selected third parties:
- Authorized third-party vendors and service providers. We share your information with third-party vendors and service providers that help us perform our business operations, including research, payment processing and transaction fulfillment, database maintenance, contest administration, technology services, deliveries, analytics, data storage and hosting, disaster recovery, search engine optimization, marketing, and data processing.
- Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of Yalla Technology, our affiliates, users, or the public.
- With your consent. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent.
If you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Twitter, to login to the Platform or to share information about your usage on the Platform with others, these third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the Platform, and they may notify your connections on the third-party services about your use of the Platform, in accordance with their privacy policies. If you choose to engage in public activities on the Platform, you should be aware that any information you share may be read, collected, or used by other users. You should use caution in disclosing personal information while engaging. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit.
You may submit a request to access or delete the information we have collected about you by sending your request to us at the email address provided in the Contact section at the bottom of this policy. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law and subject to proper verification. And we do not discriminate based on the exercise of any privacy rights that you might have
We use reasonable measures to help protect information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. You should understand that no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Please note that information collected by third parties may not have the same security protections as information you submit to us, and we are not responsible for protecting the security of such information